Saturday, February 12, 2011

Welcome to Woodland Fairy Village!

Woodland Fairy Village…a magical dwelling, found deep in the woods, is a favorite meeting place among fairy folk. You know you have arrived when you hear the faint sound of flutes and are overcome with the familiar smell of vanilla.

Visitors are always welcomed to Woodland Fairy Village with acorn cups brimming with morning dew and fairy cakes sprinkled with a magic powder said to wipe out short term memory.
Woodland Fairy Village is known for its quiet, reflective and thoughtful way of life. Inhabitants spend most of their time day-dreaming, gardening, or collecting treasures. They take napping very seriously and never miss the opportunity to fly high up a tree and watch the sunset. Visitors describe the energy in the village as calm, unhurried and leisurely. (However, visitors are not allowed to visit on the first evening of every month when the energy is quiet different…)
Woodland Fairy Village is home to “The Woodland Market” which is held each month (at twilight) where various goods are sold. Fruit, crockery, trinkets and musical instruments can be found in abundance for sale or exchange. Skilled shoemakers fly in from far-away villages to sell one-of-a-kind designs to the most fortunate of all fairies. Milk Elves, who sell cheese, butter and cream, are the favorite among the entire village! (Milk Elves are often given extraordinary treatment for their trip to The Woodland Market).


The business-like atmosphere at The Woodland Market shifts at night-fall when fireflies begin illuminating the village with their enchanting dashes of light! The sounds of flutes and tambourines fill the air as fairies begin to dance with abandon! Feasting, singing, drinking and merry-making consume the villiage. Fairy children are often found playing games by moonlight, fairy elders are always sitting by a warm fire telling elfin stories between puffs of their homemade cattail pipes and single fairy maidens are often found fawning over the Milk Elves.


Such exerberant merriment lasts deep into the night until the first rays of sunlight signal the conclusion of the traditional Woodland Fairy Village gathering. The atmosphere naturally resumes to a peaceful and leisurely pace as market vendors begin their travels home and villiage residents ease back into their daily rhythm beginning with a long nap….


32 comments:

  1. Adorable....love the entire village! What a fanciful and wondrous description of such an enchanted place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through a link on someone else's... I'm so glad I started following! These are gorgeous. I love the detailing and imagination. Just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fairy houses and the story with it! :) So great! My eldest son adores fairies and wants to see them. He leaves yarn outside his window so they can climb up and visit him. Have you seen the gorgeous pop-up book "How to Find Flower Fairies?" It's our fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, how we love your creations! Such magic, such treasures! Truly a kindred spirit and a delight to meet you.

    PS - I have never seen so much snow on one tree before (in your earlier post). I think the Snow Queen may have been a-visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! I cannot believe how FANTASTIC and MAGICAL this woodland fairy village is. You did such an amazing job - I would love to visit here. :) I especially love those small homes. Such wonder and CREATIVITY!!! xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic little fairy village what fairy wouldnt want to live there. Hugs Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow, those are incredible! My mom would DIE over those sweet things!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I look forward to getting to know you better in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh...I want to live in Woodland Fairy Village! It sounds magical. Melissa, your creations are incredible! Wow...keep creating x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible! I LOVE this. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gah! I am in love with how you made these and the story that goes with it! Must put on my to do list!

    Thanks for your kind words -- I am so in love with you space here!

    Thank you, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  11. GASP!!! I LOVE your little faerie houses! So happy to have you as a new follower at Gypsea Tree. Gypsy wagon lovers unite!:-) I'm also very excited to discover your blog as well. Your faerie house are so charming! I've always planned to scatter these around my garden should I someday have a garden.. My calendar last year was all photos from an artists who builds faerie houses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first chance I get to drink some of my special drink again and shrink down to just the right size, I plan on hopping a ride on my little robin friend and making a visit to this lovely market. I have been needing a new pair of shoes and definitely some special cheese and butter for my next tea party.
    I cannot wait to visit again....
    wishes and whimsy
    Wendy from Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are amazing..I would love to have one in my garden this summer, or to have a whole village of them...so cute. I am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my stars those are so lovely!!! So glad I found you through my blog as a follower! I'm a follower of your blog now!! it is awesome!

    we are having a fairy birthday party for my soon to be 5 year old she would flip if I could make something this awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so incredible. I love the detail. I can just see the faeries living in them. I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am soooo loving these awesome creations!! Do you have an Etsy shop?
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. are these available for purchase? They r amazing creations. So want some for my daughter's fairy garden we create every year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My neighbor and I are in the process of wanting a fairy garden for our daughters. We have not been able to find anything cute in our area. You things are so adorable. Do you or are you willing to sell some of the things you make. Please message me if you like. eckertbn@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your fairy village is so inspirational...I started collecting moss, barks and other materials today while walking my dog thru the woods to attempt my first fairy house, wish me luck! Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet read... wonderful imagination and stories. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great imagination. I will have to try a few of these. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments