Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bottle Trees- LOVE THEM!

I love these whimsy fabulous trees.....which were created years ago to keep away evil spirits....but since we don't have evil spirits...I just think they look funky and colorful in my garden!

I had two bottle trees last year but I did not have many bottles (I only drink red wine so I had to have my friends bring me their white wine bottles...which are blue:)! It is a good excuse to have friends over ....to collect bottles for garden art....needless to say, I have collected a large number of blue bottles this winter so hopefully my bottle trees will look like the one above once spring rolls around!
How gorgeous are all of these colors!!! I may have to add a few rainbow bottle trees too.....

Oh and if I had a fence I would TOTALLY place bottles along the top....so whimsy....



Makes me want to open a bottle of wine......;)

9 comments:

  1. These are so whimsical and colorful. I so have to get me a bottle tree now.... Or I might have to just hang tons of different colored bottles from a tree.
    yep.... that is what I am going to do.
    wishes and whimsy
    Wendy from Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are SO MUCH FUN. They make me want to have a backyard party (and also make me long for summer time in which to have the backyard party:))Seriously adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How colorful and fun! They look so magical!!! Guess what - I chatted about your lovely blog and fairy houses today. Thanks for always giving me so much inspiration! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. There has been an explosion of bottle trees across the blogsphere, Melissa. You're a trend setter! My MG friend has one! Maybe that's what's missing in my garden! Thanks for cheering me up! xxoo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Now I won't feel so bad about opening all those bottle of wine, he hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wondrous...What a great idea for a lawn ornaments. this would dress up any yard and you could even have one in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to see more bottle trees when I was a youngen, and I was always mesmerized by the light coming through the different colored bottles. Today I occasionally see one in someone's yard, and I can rest assured they are trapping evil spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! I saw a house with several glass shelves across their windows and all kinds of cobalt blue glass pretties on the shelves. Very nice too. I love the trees better because it's recycling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa! HOW WONDERFUL ARE THESE TREES! I remember having NEVER seen anything like this until I moved to the mid-west. Thank you for your kind words and visit today; it makes my day to see a new face. Have a great Sunday, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Comments